You Can Learn Anything on the Internet





    A few years ago when I was learning to knit I forgot how to do a purl stitch. I wasn't going to see my knitting teacher for another week and I didn't want to wait that long. I did what everyone does, I went to the internet. There were several websites with step by step instructions for how to do a purl stitch.
  I have several references saved with instructions on how to cast on, bind off, knit, purl, make a magic loop, how to fix a twisted cast on and how to knit a small circumference on two circular needles.
  I am amazed at all the things you can learn from the internet. C once looked up directions for roasting a potato in the oven. I have looked up how to cook spaghetti squash.
  Out of curiosity I wanted to see what else could be learned from the internet. I am amazed at what I found.
  You can actually learn how to properly pick up and put down a cat. One website has three different ways that you can pick up a cat. I have to admit that it never occurs to me that someone would need step by step instructions for how to pick up a cat. Besides learning how to pick up a cat, you can learn how to trim a cat's claws and how to trim the fur of a long haired cat. Just for fun I checked to see if there were instructions for how to clean a litter box. I found four websites and three videos. (I didn't watch them, I already know how.)
  You can learn how to tie a tie. Not only can you learn how to tie a simple four in hand, (A  knot that my Dad showed me how to tie) you can learn all kinds of fancy knots. You can even learn how to tie a bow tie. There are other things you can learn how to tie as well. You can learn how to tie a scarf (including a head scarf). You can learn how to tie all kinds of knots. You can learn how to tie a kite string, a kimono and a karate belt. I even found instructions for how to tie pointe shoe ribbons (if you happen to be a ballet dancer) and instructions for how to tie a shoe.
  You can learn how to make things from the internet too. I saw instructions for making paper airplanes, buttermilk, bows, a resume and slime. You can learn how to make play dough without cooking, without cream of tartar and without flour.  You can learn how to make a rope and weave a basket (but not at the same time). One of the things I saw was how to make a diaper cake. I actually looked at this because I was curious. A diaper cake can be used as a centerpiece at a baby shower. It is made out of cloth diapers and other types of baby clothes. Some of the ones I saw looked pretty creative.
  I also found some directions for how to do some not so nice things. You can learn how to confront a bully, an alcoholic, a pathological liar or your boss. You can learn how to quit your job and how to roll a cigar (or something else....).
  There are a lot of things that you can learn on the internet. I have to admit some of things you can learn have me wondering, like directions for writing a sentence. Why do we need to have directions for how to write a sentence? This usually gets taught in school. I thought this was the silliest thing until I saw instructions for how to boil water. I am not kidding.  One website had four different ways to boil water..... Really.....
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project