Bits and Pieces



  I cannot think of a single thing to write about this week.  I've had this problem before. Many times I get lucky and something happens or I see something that inspires me to write. I'm dry this week. I literally have nothing.
  The challenge is that I also don't have the option of saying "I think I'll skip this week." I made a commitment a long time ago to write something every week and I've kept it. Sometimes it means I have to take a laptop with me on vacation so I can write while I'm travelling. Once it meant writing the column ahead of time and sending it to a friend to send for me.
  There have been a few ideas that have floated in and out over the past few days. One of the was the debate that happened last week. I tried hard not to watch it. I really didn't see the point in doing so. It wasn't going to be a debate as much as an insult fest. Who can get in the best sound bite. I wound up listening to a little of it as C had it turned on. 
  Even worse than listening to the debate was all the commentary after the debate. I'm still not sure what "manturupting" (I don't know if I spelled it right.) is. I do know that I got tired of hearing about who interrupted who and how many times it happened.
  I considered writing about pharmacists being somewhat obsessive compulsive. I thought about it one morning as I was rearranging my work space for the day. I have a certain way I like my work station set up. The mouse goes on the left my beanbag wrist support near it. I have to have a pen and a Sharpie marker laying between the function keys and the number keys at the top of my keyboard. My partner prefers his workspace set up differently. When I vacate the space. I move the mouse to the right and allow him to rearrange the space. To me it's somewhat amusing, but I didn't think I could build a whole column around it. I could mention that I mark all partly used stock bottles with three marks of some type. I also have to clean the foil or paper seal off the opening before I use the bottle. I still didn't think it would be interesting.
  I could write about how I'm almost finished with my blue lace shawl, but I think I've written enough knitting columns. I was thinking about writing about forgiveness, but that topic has been used too.
  I asked Scamp for help. He said he could write it, but he really needed a thorough grooming and a long nap. He stayed up to watch the football game last night.
  Sometimes I get ideas by looking at Yahoo's news feed. There was nothing interesting. I looked at Facebook and found nothing there either.
  I try not to worry when this happens. I know that writers block is temporary. I just have to be patient and keep  my eyes and mind open. Eventually I will find a topic.
  The problem is it will be after I've finished this week's column...... Oh well.....I can save it for next week......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project