Blanket





  Hi This is Scamp.
   Humans do some weird things sometimes. On Sunday night, Sophie laid a piece of cloth on the floor. It was soft and fuzzy. I stood back from it a little and admired the print. It was a leopard print. I sniffed at it a little. Colby walked on it and liked it. She took a big scissors and cut one side so she had two pieces  of cloth. I asked her what it was. She said it was something called fleece. I asked her why it was on the floor. She told me that I would find out soon enough.
  She put one piece of cloth on top of the other. Then she put some tape about three paw lengths from the edge. She used a measuring tape. After that she made marks on the tape with a smelly marker. I kept watching. I wondered what she was going to do.
  She started to make slits in the cloth. They were all the same width and two paw lengths deep. She went all around the edge of the cloth. Then she cut small slits around the edge of the cloth.
  I could tell that working on the floor was hurting her knees. I suggested that maybe a pillow would help. I would have brought her a pillow, but the whole lack of an opposable thumb thing makes picking up stuff difficult.
  She got a pillow and knelt on it. Then she started to pull pices of fabric through the slits. I wondered how she knew what piece to put where. She kept doing that. Once in awhile she would stop to stretch her back and to give her knees a break. Humans aren't really designed for work like that.
  Once she was done she sat back. I still didn't know what it was. Then she told me it was a blanket with a woven edge. She had wanted to make one for us for a long time, but didn't find any fleece that she liked.
  She told Colby and me that she would put the blanket on the bed where we like to sleep. Then we would not get fur on the bedspread. I didn't think we shed that bad. Colby liked the blanket immediately. He dug at it like he was going to burrow and then laid down.
  I'm beginning to like it as well. I like laying my head on the edge. It feels good on my face. It also works well on the bed. It covers almost all of one side. Sophie told me that she will make another blanket when she has more time. Until then Colby and I can share this one. It is big enough for both of us.
  I love our humans. They are so thoughtful. Now I'm going to go lay on my new blanket.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project